OMG Roofing Products RhinoBond Portable Bonding Unit
RhinoBond is an alternative insulation and membrane attachment system for TPO and PVC membranes. The system uses the same fastener and plate to secure both the insulation and the membrane to the deck without penetrating the roofing material. The result is a Factory Mutual-approved system that does not create any point of entry for moisture, requires fewer fasteners and provides superior wind uplift performance.
RhinoBond is based on patented electromagnetic induction welding technology. Just place the RhinoBond tool on the membrane directly over the specially coated plate and activate it to bond the underside of the membrane to the plate.
For years mechanically attached system installation was based on in-seam fastening patterns. With the RhinoBond system, you have to think outside the seams. Simply determine the number of RhinoBond fasteners required to achieve the desired rating based on the wind uplift requirements. There are no seam fasteners required with the RhinoBond system. Since the fastening points are spread across the entire roof in a grid pattern, the uplift load is distributed more evenly and the system can achieve higher wind ratings with fewer fasteners.
RhinoBond system includes:
- RhinoBond Tool (with carrying case)
- Magnetic Heat Sinks (6 included with carrying case)
|Country of Manufacture|
- RhinoBond typically uses 25% to 50% fewer fasteners when compared to traditional fastening methods.
- Installing additional fasteners around penetrations or in corners provides extra attachment points for the full-width membrane. The result is enhanced security with fewer seams.
- RhinoBond has achieved an FM 1-210 wind resistance rating, and can resist over 500 lbs of force in static testing.